Gillespie Polytunnels offers warranties in relation to the products it manufactures, which vary in length depending on the product in question, and such warranties are stated in the catalogue and/or on the website. During the warranty period, Gillespie Polytunnels warrants that the relevant goods will be free from material defects in quality and workmanship, and that they will correspond to their specification. The warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Unless otherwise stated, the warranty period is for 2 years from the original date of dispatch of the product.
What’s not included?
The following indicative list of circumstances shall not be covered by our guarantee. The list is not intended to be exhaustive and the warranty is only offered within the scope defined in this document.
- Damage caused by external factors such as fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage)
- Incorrect, careless or inappropriate handling or installation of the product; use of the product in any circumstances of service other than for which the product was designed; accidental damage; neglect; failure to properly maintain the product or the unauthorised repair of the product; any other failure to follow the product manufacturer’s instructions; fair wear and tear; acts of vandalism or deliberate damage or damage in transit;
- Use of the product commercially or for business purposes;
- Cosmetic damage or deterioration to the product of whatever nature, such as scratches, dents, small holes or tears, corrosion or changes in colour, where the function of the product is unaffected;
- Inadequate or inappropriate packaging of the product when returning it to our warehouse;
- The excluded products; only products advertised with extended warranty and are sold by retailers verified by Gillespie Polytunnels are eligible for extended warranty. All other products are excluded.
- Any defect in a product notified to us outside of the warranty period
- Any products which are supplied for use outside of the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland;
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original product.
Third Party products
Gillespie Polytunnels offers no warranties or guarantees in respect of products it sells which are manufactured by third parties, but wherever possible will pass the benefit of any warranty or guarantee it receives from the manufacturer to the customer.
Remedies available under warranty
We provide a free of charge warranty on our products. This means that, in the event that your product is found to be mechanically defective within the warranty period, we will arrange for the component to be (at our discretion) replaced free of charge including all parts and excluding labour, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Any claim by you that the goods are defective or fail to correspond with their description shall be notified to Gillespie Polytunnels by email to [email protected] as soon as possible after delivery or (where the defect was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within 30 days of discovery of the defect. If you do not notify us of your claim within a reasonable period and by email as stated above, you shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and we shall have no liability for the defect or failure.
You agree to provide to us with such assistance as may be reasonably needed to carry out a warranty assessment or product repair/replacement, including photographic evidence. Failure by you to provide such assistance may invalidate the warranty.
If, once we have inspected/tested the claim/ product, we consider that (in our sole opinion) the warranty claim is substantiated based on these terms and conditions, we will either (at our discretion):
• provide a replacement component to replace the defective product (or part thereof); or
• where such product (or part thereof) is no longer available, provide such alternative product (or part thereof) as shall have an equivalent functionality to the defective product (or part thereof); or
• if no equivalent component is available, we will refund to you a fair and reasonable amount which shall not exceed the amount paid or payable by you in respect of the component. We reserve the right to deduct an appropriate amount from the value of the product in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
• In the event that we discover your product is not defective, you will be responsible for the cost of transportation of the product to and from our warehouse, billed at the cost that we have incurred. We will not in any circumstances be responsible for the cost of transportation of any product (either to or from our warehouse) which we do not consider to be subject to a valid warranty claim.
The above remedies shall be your sole remedies hereunder or otherwise, save that any consumer statutory rights shall not be affected.
Replaced, repaired or spare parts and products
All replaced spare parts and products, which are not returned to you, shall become the property of Gillespie Polytunnels.
If any products are repaired or replaced under this warranty, the warranty cover will remain in force for the then unexpired proportion of the original warranty period (i.e. from the original Date of Despatch) and the warranty will not re-start from the date of repair or replacement.
Acting on claim
We undertake to complete any component replacement in respect of a valid warranty claim as soon as reasonably practicable and, in any case, within 60 days of receipt of your returned product, but we shall not be obliged to do so outside of normal working hours (9am – 5pm) or on weekends / bank holidays.
Purchase of Incorrect Goods
Gillespie Polytunnels make every effort to advise customers of the required goods based on the customer’s measurements, dimensions, and information provided. Gillespie Polytunnels shall not be liable for the incorrect goods being purchased by the customer following these discussions. Gillespie Polytunnels shall not be liable for the cost of replacement goods or delivery charges, including the cost of having goods returned, due to incorrect goods being purchased by customers.
Exclusion of liability
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Gillespie Polytunnels’ negligence, or liability for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 2007, Gillespie Polytunnels shall not be liable to the customer by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under an express term, for loss of profit or for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of Gillespie Polytunnels, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the goods (including any delay in supplying or any failure to supply in accordance with the contract or at all) or the use or resale of the goods by the customer, and the entire liability of Gillespie Polytunnels under or in connection with the contract shall not exceed the price of the goods, except as expressly provided in these conditions. This clause shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
In the case of orders for export goods the Customer shall be responsible for complying with any legislation or regulations governing the importation of the goods into the country of destination and for the payment of any duties on them, unless otherwise agreed in Writing.
The contract and warranty shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of Republic of Ireland.
Domestic and Private Use Only
We only supply the products and warranty services described in this document for domestic and private use. If you use the products or the warranty services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you whatsoever for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.